Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Highlands College

         Well I started writing a blog about how things have been going this first month but given that I am super A.D.D it changed and I just want to talk about what Jesus is doing.  I just want to start off and say that I am so in awe of God, that he would bring me to this amazing place and give me these amazing opportunities! I never in a million years thought I would get to experience anything like this! I can't explain just how honored I am the HE would use me!
         Since last semester our school has grown quite a bit! Highlands College is now an accredited school doing amazing things and headed in an awesome direction! I am now my track coordinator, which is pretty awesome. Pretty much that means I am learning an administrative aspect of worship to learn all area's of worship. I get to serve along side of some incredibly anointed people like Pastor John Larson, Pastor Justin Bradshaw, CJ Blount, John-Mark Durough and Ashley Durough (Highlands worship staff)! Worship track has grown from 5 people last semester to 18 people this semester, how crazy is that? I have been given some great opportunities in worship; singing in Highlands College chapels and even for Switch, the youth group here. I have been growing in different skills; vocally and lyrically. Yes, I am writing now! Never thought I would say it, I have always wanted to but never could. I wrote my first song today along with another worship tracker and we will preform it next week. I cannot wait to see where He leads me this semester.
         Another thing Jesus is doing is working "leadership skills" and my heart for people. My heart towards people has changed, not to say I hated people but I have a new passion to serve. Last semester I took the D.I.S.C test and I was a C/S,  more of a quiet, rather be a follower than a leader type of person and honestly just really focused on myself. This past week I have taken that same test and I am now an I/S which is more outgoing and willing to help others. To me this is an answered prayer! Coming into this semester I was so scared of all the new kids coming in and I had to do some serious prayer about my heart. I prayed that God would give me a heart that would want to make them greater. It took a lot of praying but praise the Lord, he did change my heart. I love all of the new students and I want to serve them, encourage them and make them great more so than myself. In the bible it says that Jesus came TO serve not TO BE served and that is what I want my heart to be from now on.
          On top of all of that God has taught me how to be humble. Being a singer/musician/artist whatever, you want to be the best, you want to shine and be known. This is SUCH the wrong mentality, I am not a singer, nor a songwriter, musician or anything is, JESUS is! If I am truly a living sacrifice then that means every step I take is His step, every breath I breathe is His and every lyric of every song I sing is Him! I AM NOT MY OWN. This is Jesus' life I want him to live and move through me. I want people to see or hear Jesus when I open my mouth to sing.
         God has just been revealing more leadership skills in me, I have never seen myself as a leader but he is molding to be one. He, just yesterday, really gave me a revelation of his grace and my mind is blown right now! I just love how I am beginning to see everything fall into place. This is the place is where I am supposed to be, this is my home because this is where he has called me right now. I cannot see my self anywhere else but here. I am so excited to see what Jesus does tomorrow and the day after, I have a new excitement for life. I am sorry if some of this was scattered but I want to get down everything I am feeling. Its joy, freedom and passion for my Savior!

No comments:

Post a Comment